We are nearing the date of the May Fair (Saturday 27th May). Please find attached our May Fair Newsletter containing some information on the day. Hope to see lots of you there and help support the school.
You will note some Key Dates for your diary for May Fair related activities so here is a summary:
- Raffle Tickets – please return stubs and payment to be made by 23rd May
- From Monday 22nd – hand in toys/DVDs/books etc. for the toy fair
- From Monday 22nd – hand in bottles for the bottle stall, chocolates for the tombola
- Friday 26th – children should take £1 for the Toy Fair
- Friday 26th – hand in your home baking to the school office / community room
- Friday 26th – Dress-As-You-Please Day – in exchange for donation for bottle stall/chocolate tombola donation
- Saturday 27th May – bring the family for a fun filled day at the May Fair!
Please note the Toy Fair AND the Dress-As-You-Please Day are one the same day.
And …… a HUGE thank you to all who have signed up to volunteer on the day – we still need approx. 7 volunteers for the morning and 30 for the afternoon, if you can spare a few hours (10.30 – 12.40 or 12.30 – 15.00), let us know by FaceBook message, let one of the PTA know or sign up online: http://signup.com/go/8gEQ9x
ABERDEEN FC RAFFLE
We have another added exciting raffle of a framed, signed Aberdeen FC Football top. The PTA will be selling tickets in advance at school drop off on the week of the May Fair – Monday 22nd, Wednesday 24th and Friday 26th. Number boxes are £2 each and we aim to sell 200 boxes before drawing the winner.
2017 Newsletter PTA
Come and join us at our 1st PTA meeting for this academic year! See you there!
- DATE : Tuesday 30th August
- TIME : 7pm
- LOCATION : Kingswells Primary School
We are seeking new members for the committee as quite a few of lour long serving members have now resigned because their child has moved on to the Academy or is in the last year(s) of Kingswells School.
The school has been fortunate to have had an active supportive PTA over many years. It fund raises to allow staff to purchase resources, materials and experiences for our children that otherwise would not be possible. These have included:-
- Transport costs for school trips
- Maths, Language & Science resources
- iPads, mini iPads & iPad accessories
- Whiteboard speakers or every classroom
- Nick Sharratt (Reading Patron) visits
- Christmas craft materials
- Christmas show licenses
- Nursery play equipment
- Pupil First Aid courses
- Espresso & Manga High licenses
- Playground repairs & improvements
We would encourage you to have a look at the PTA video for more details of what the PTA does and consider becoming involved with FUNdraising that benefits all our children from Nursery to P7. Please get in touch!
Email the PTA – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone the school office – 01224 740262
You are invited to attend Kingswells School Parent Council and PTA AGM on Monday 8th September at 7pm at Kingswells School.
There will be a short presentation from the Parent Council and PTA activities and accounts.
Mrs. MacIver, Acting Head Teacher, will share an overview of the developments within the school in the past academic year as well as the priorities the school will be working on going forward.
Councilor Delaney will also be available for a short question and answer session with parents to discuss issues affecting our local community including housing development, transport and super fast broadband.
If you are interested in learning more about what goes on at Kingswells School, please come along. This can be to contribute or just to listen. It may reassure you to know that we already have nominations for the major roles on both committees so you will not feel pressured into making any commitments.