There has recently been a Parental Consultation for Support for Learning at Kingswells School. The attached document summarises the feedback.
If you have ever wondered what your children’s rights to support are at school, Enquire offer a free advice line. There are parents leaflets and guides to additional support for children and young people on their website. You can also ask in school at reception for contact details and information regarding the service.
Operated by Children in Scotland, Enquire offers independent, confidential advice and information on additional support for learning through:
- a telephone helpline – 0845 123 2303
- an email enquiry service – email@example.com
- an online enquiry service.
- two websites – www.enquire.org.uk (for parents, carers and practitioners) and www.enquire.org.uk/yp (for children and young people)
Enquire also provide a range of clear and easy-to-read guides and factsheets explaining everything from ‘additional support in the early years’ to ‘what planning should take place for moving on from school’.
Telehone 0845 123 2303 Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm.
What Enquire trained helpline advisers will do:
- listen respectfully to your questions and concerns
- provide advice and information on the education and additional support for learning system, (including resolving disagreements) and explain how it affects your situation
- send you practical guides and factsheets about additional support for learning (or direct you to them on our website).
What Enquire trained helpline advisers are unable to do:
- provide advocacy services (e.g. speak to other professionals on your behalf) but we can give you details of organisations that do.
If you’d prefer not to speak to an adviser but would still like advice, they can advise you by email. Send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.